Support for carers

If you're a carer of someone with multiple system atrophy, it's important to remember that you're not alone and that there is support available. By law, you're entitled to a free health and social care assessment, which you can access through your local authority. The assessment will look at the possibility of you getting practical and financial help. Find out more about social care assessments .

Being a carer means that you may be entitled to certain financial benefits, especially if you have to give up work. Find out more about carers' benefits .

Carers can also get help with breaks from caring from local authorities or organisations such as Carers Trust . Find out about getting time off from caring .

Content supplied by the NHS Website

Medically Reviewed by a doctor on 21 Dec 2018