When to get medicaladvice

You should contact your GP if:

  • your childis repeatedly vomiting andis unableto hold down fluids
  • you thinkthey're dehydrated symptoms of dehydration can include a dry mouth, crying without producing tears, urinating less or not wetting many nappies, and drowsiness
  • their vomit is green or contains blood
  • they have been vomiting for more than a day or two

Go to your nearestaccident and emergency (A&E) department if your child is vomiting and develops sudden and severe tummy pain , or they're floppy, irritable or less responsive

Call 999 for an ambulance or go to your nearest A&E department immediately if they're vomiting and have a headache , stiff neck and a rash.

Content supplied by the NHS Website

Medically Reviewed by a doctor on 21 Dec 2018