When to seek medical advice

If your eyesight suddenly deteriorates, make an emergency appointment to see anoptician trained to recognise eye abnormalities and signs of eye disease(optometrist),your GP, or call NHS 111 .

Use our directory to find opticians or find GP services .

It's important to see an optometrist or medical doctor urgently if you suddenly lose your eyesight, particularly if it occurs for the first time. There are other more serious causes of sight loss that doctors will want to rule out.

Content supplied by the NHS Website

Medically Reviewed by a doctor on 21 Dec 2018