When to see your GP

See your GP if you notice any unusual or persistent symptoms. They're very unlikely to be caused bynasal or sinus cancer, but are worth getting checked out.

If your GP thinks you might need some tests to determine what's causing your symptoms, you'll usually be referred to an ear, nose and throat (ENT) consultant in hospital.

Tests you may have include:

  • a nasal endoscopy where a long, thin, flexible tube attached to a light source is inserted into your nose to examine the area
  • a computerised tomography (CT) scan and a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan
  • a biopsy (where a small sample of tissue is removed and examined) this may be done during an endoscopy orusing a needle
Content supplied by the NHS Website

Medically Reviewed by a doctor on 21 Dec 2018