When to get medical advice if you suspect Morton's neuroma?

It's a good idea to make an appointment to see a podiatrist (specialist in foot problems) if you havepersistent symptoms of Morton's neuroma, as the conditions unlikely to improve on its own. You could also visit your GP, who may refer you to a podiatrist.

Your GP or podiatrist may examine your foot and ask you some questions to find out:

  • About the pain and what it feels like
  • When your symptoms started
  • What type of shoes you usually wear
  • About your work, lifestyle and sporting activities

They can also suggest simple measures you can try at home to reduce your symptoms, or recommend other treatments.

Find a podiatrist near you .

Content supplied by the NHS Website

Medically Reviewed by a doctor on 28 Nov 2016