Where to get help and advice

  • your GP they may be able to offer some helpful advice, or refer you to a specialistfor an assessment and treatment
  • apsychosexual therapist your GP may be able to refer you on the NHS, or you could pay to see a therapist privately; read more about what sex therapists do and how to find one
  • a contraception and sexual health (CASH) clinic
  • Relate a relationship supportservice thathas online advice about sex and relationships , telephone and online counselling and local support services , as well as therapists you can pay to see
  • the Sexual Advice Association asexual healthcharity that has onlinefactsheets about sex problems and a helpline on020 7486 7262

Don't feel embarrassed about getting help. Lots of people experience problems with their sex drive, and seeking advice can be the first step towards resolving the issue.

Content supplied by the NHS Website

Medically Reviewed by a doctor on 21 Dec 2018