When do I need to see a specialist?

Your GP may want to refer you to a specialist if they're not surewhat's causing your symptoms and further tests are needed.

You may also be referred if your child has digestive symptoms (such as tummy pain and diarrhoea) and:

  • isn't growing well
  • hasn't responded to any elimination diet thatyour healthcare professional recommended
  • hasreacted suddenly or severely to a food
  • hasa suspected food allergy
Content supplied by the NHS Website

Medically Reviewed by a doctor on 21 Dec 2018