When to seek urgent medical advice

Contact your GP or health visitor urgently if your child:

  • is underthree months old and has a temperature of 38C (101F) or above
  • is between three and six months old and has a temperature of 39C (102F) or above

You should also see your GP if your child has other signs of being unwell, such as persistent vomiting, refusal to feed, floppinessor drowsiness.

Ifit isn'tpossible to contact your GP,call your local out-of-hours service or NHS 111 .

If your child seems to be otherwise well for example, if they're playing and attentive it's less likely they're seriously ill.

Content supplied by the NHS Website

Medically Reviewed by a doctor on 21 Dec 2018