When to seek medical advice

Visit your GP if you think you have ectropion.

They'll be able to diagnosethe problemby examining your eye and can refer you to an eye specialist called an ophthalmologist for further assessment and treatment, if necessary.

Contact your GP or NHS 111 immediately, or go to your nearest accident and emergency (A&E) department ,if your eye is veryred and painful, oryou have other symptoms, such asreduced visionor sensitivity to light. This could be a sign of a more serious problem that requires urgent treatment.

Content supplied by the NHS Website

Medically Reviewed by a doctor on 21 Dec 2018